Monday, January 23, 2012

Oh yeah, that thing called "life"?

... I kinda forgot that it actually exists outside of countdowns, slow moving calendars and all too infrequent phone calls. I love not adding 8 1/2 hours to the current time to figure out what time of day it was in Andrew's AO. I love that we can call each other on our way home from work (although, to be honest, I'm still not completely used to this. I still get that split second of panic when his ringtone unexpectedly plays on my cellphone, a leftover reflex reaction from the months he spent in harm's way when unexpected phone calls were NEVER a good sign).

But all in all life is just fun these days! We are both looking forward to block leave which starts this weekend, and even though we don't have any trips planned, just the thought of 15 days of uninterrupted time together is good enough for us! And I've even got Andrew's very first post-deployment Honey-Do list! Don't worry, it's nothing huge or earth shattering, just a few (mainly car things) man-tasks that I've been meaning to get done, but now that he's home, guess what?! Its his job! Ahhh, the joys of sharing responsibilities again!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

  1. Awww! Y'all sound happy! I hope your husband's reintegration is going well. I'm kind of nervous about that part.*

    ReplyDelete