Monday, August 30, 2010

Ahhhhhhhhh RANNNNGER: Festivities Post Gradation

So obviously our day didn't end with the Pinning of Andrew's Ranger Tab. But Saturday when I wrote that, it's pretty much all I could concentrate on because it was just SO HUGE!

I'm gonna try to make this a swift as possible, please enjoy my storybook!

After the Graduation ended, we took lots and lots of family pictures (because this day NEEDED DOCUMENTED!)



Then we also had to document that my parents were also there:


Uncle AJ with all the kids. This was just too cute of a series to only put one of them in, plus Gavin's sneezing face is so cute!


Then we got Andrew with all the guys from his apartment complex


A quick stop for photos at the Ranger Memorial:


Dolan & McAdams- First Bearhawks to be Ranger Qualified to serve under MSG Carter at Stonehill ROTC: this is one of my favorites!


After the ceremony and the endless parade of pictures, we all went to lunch at country's then back to the hotel to kill some time before dinner. As a whole, our lives pretty much always revolve around food. I kinda love it. I had downloaded Surviving the Cut: Army Rangers so we all gathered around and watched it in the lobby. I love Sean's face, he looks horrified about what his brother had been put through


Then we went to dinner at Buckhead Steakhouse, which was amazing, but unfortunately I have no pictures of that 4 hour span of time. After dinner we came back to the hotel and opened presents! Shannon (et al) gave Andrew a Red Sox Shirt with the coolest wrapping job EVER!


My Parents gave Andrew a RANGER flask with Kentucky Bourbon and his parents gave him a Kindle and a few gag gifts (like a box of Total Cereal which was enough to send Andrew reeling when that was what he was given at Ranger School) For some reason I can't find a picture of this either, which is weird for me

Then it was my turn to shower my Ranger with gifts and love! First up were the binders I had made with every letter we had sent each other for the past 3 1/2 months. I absolutely love this picture and the way he is looking at me


Then the big gift: THE WATCH!
Engraved on the clasp with "Rangers Lead the Way!" the year and my initials.



So Friday was an amazing day! Saturday we went to the Infantry Museum with the whole family and then everyone hit the road for the 14 hour drive back to PA. This whole weekend still doesn't seem like reality... I guess I really am just living the dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment