Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thank YOU!

I checked my blog this afternoon for the first time in a couple of days (I love how busy and back to normal life is lately- between visits to see Andrew, working, job searching, planning a wedding and getting ready for a move, blogging seems to be the thing being left behind) and was absolutely astonished when I saw that it had over 15,000 hits.

MY blog! My little itty bitty corner of the internet.  (What's even more amazing is that the several dozen email subscribers never even opened the URL, just got updates right in their inbox. Imagine the numbers I would have without that feature!) That's pretty impressive, if I do say so myself, for a blog that has only been public for just over a year.

It's pretty darn cool to think that what started as a way to journal my thoughts and our journey while Andrew was in Ranger School (because honestly, it's a million times faster for me to type than it is to write with a pen) became what it has. I needed this venting mechanism over the past year. I needed a place to (try to) be positive even when things weren't looking so great; when I felt scared or lonely, or just sad. And when those times hit, sometimes it felt really good to put on my happy bloggy face and pretend like everything was peachy-keen for that moment in time.

So thank you, whoever you are, and wherever you may be, for letting me share our story. The feedback I have received from friends and family, along with complete strangers has been truly a gift, and has given me such strength.



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 comments:

  1. Than you for letting us share in your ups an downs this year! It is a beautiful love story you wrote! You two look so beautiful in this picture at the military ball...can only imagine The wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog and it is wonderful! What led me here was the fact that my s/o is leaving for ranger school tomorrow, and I also have been googling it, and came across your blog! So of course, I had to read :) you and Andrew are so cute and I've loved reading about your journey! If there's any advice you could give me or any information about ranger school somehow, I'd appreciate it so much! Even to let me know the chat board thing you found would be amazing! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janie- I am so sorry for just getting back to you, it has been way too long since I have checked my blog. I hope your boyfriend is doing well in danger school and maybe you have even gotten a letter already! My one piece of advice would be to always remind yourself that no news is good news. If he is anything like Andrew, he is fulfilling a life-long dream! Be sure to send lots of care packages with gatorade peanut butter gum and goodies for pass days and even though you miss him more than anything, keep your letters positive and upbeat. If you ever want to or need to talk, my email address is kmolsen7@gmail.com ... I'd love to hear from you! Best of luck... RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!

      Delete