Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Deployment Positive Monday- Week 11

This past weekend was I think the first weekend of this entire deployment that I wan't traveling somewhere or didn't have anyone come down to visit me. I'll be honest, I tried really hard to make sure a weekend like that didn't happen while Andrew was gone, but gosh darn it, was it nice! I got so much accomplished, our entire apartment has been cleaned and organized and honestly, it felt pretty good to just have nothing to do for an entire day.

I'm not saying I would want every weekend to be like that, but it was so nice to just focus on me for a little while. While Andrew is gone, it is so easy to look forward to what is to come and get caught up in future plans, but this weekend I just got to live in the moment. The biggest bummer of the weekend was that I seem to have hurt my back during a workout... I feel like such an old lady, I can barely stand without moaning and groaning. The worst part of the whole thing is that all I can think about is going to  visit Mickey Mouse next week and not being able to ride on Space Mountain.

I guess it's crazy that just as I'm saying how great it is to enjoy life as-is and in the moment, I'm simultaneously looking forward to my biggest trip of the summer: DISNEY WORLD! I told Andrew this is officially a tradition that I go down to Disney while he is deployed, since his mom and I went for a visit last time he was gone. My friend and I are driving down this Saturday and only staying for a couple of days, but we are both really looking forward to the little get-away. I don't think anything (other than running into my husband's arms in a crowded airport after a long separation) could make me happier than spending a couple of days on the most magical place on earth!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment