Friday, November 5, 2010

It almost doesn't even phase me at this point

Well it's happened again. Flight delayed. Ughhhhhh doesn't even begin to relay to you my frustrations.

So here I sit in HIA trying to figure out how in the world a simple flight to Cleveland could possibly be delayed for a horrifying THREE HOURS. You know, I knew my luck with flights lately was too good to be true. Something had to give, and unfortunately it looks like that "something" is Louisville, Kentucky. I am devastated, but thanks to the free wifi (score) here at the airport, at least I can vent about it.

I was so looking forward to this trip, it was more than just another weekend with my fiance. While Andrew was at Ranger School this summer I helped his roommate Weiss pick an apartment in Kentucky for the guys to call home for the next three(ish) years. I sent down dishes, utensils, decorations, even bean bag chairs and stuffed animals (at Andrew's mom's request.... We found an old beanie baby in storage and she thought maybe Weiss needed a friend). I did everything I could to make this place as much of a home for Andrew as I could before he even go there.

I have visions of the place and the city but I have no idea what to expect. I have been looking forward to seeing this apartment for four full months now and what do ya know.... Flight delays come rushing back into my live. Bah humbug.

The worst part is that Andrew lost his cell phone last weekend so I have no way to communicate any of these changes with him. Slightly stressful but I'm doing my best to keep my chin up. One thing I learned from my mom is to never get too worked up over travel. If it works out, great, you had an awesome trip, just as you planned! If When the poop hits the fan (which it almost always does), oh well, it's only temporary and you'll get a helluva story outta it!

So they just booked me on a flight to Newark and get into Louisville only an hour behind schedule. I sure do hope Andrew gets all of the facebook messages and emails I sent him with these new plans!

Yikes.

Pray about everything, right Luke Bryan!?




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment