Sunday, November 7, 2010

Louisville. . . . FINALLY






Well believe it or not I actually made it to Louisville this weekend! It was definitely not the route (or amount of time) I was intending to take, but nevertheless I got there in one piece and got to spend a delightful weekend with my fiancée! I was a little worried about how Andrew and I would find each other since he didn't have a phone, but our timing was perfect! Right as I was walking out of the terminal he was pulling up in his truck! I felt like I was in a movie-- honestly it was THAT perfect.


I ended up getting in two or three hours later than I was supposed to arrive so we just watched an episode or two of How I Met Your Mother intend of going out. This is a show I've loved for years but could never get Andrew into. Turns out his roommate had a few of the seasons on DVD so he's been getting curious about what he has been missing all these years! It was fun to laugh with him!



On Saturday he made Chocolate chip pancakes (my favorite) for breakfast and then we ran a million errands!! I love running errands together... Getting stuff done but not really feeling like we have anything to do! We also went to get massages on Saturday afternoon-- a gift I had promised him for his bday in June (in my defense he WAS in ranger school at the time) that we only mow had time to fit into our schedule! When we see each other there is hardly ever any down time... We just love to soak up all the time we have together and make as many memories as possible :)

We also picked out a bed frame for Andrew's new queen sized bed! That was exciting but going to the furniture store made me really wish the guys had something other than full sized mattress toppers with bean bags on them and a fitted sheet over top for a couch! I suppose it doesn't make much sense to buy a couch when they will just be leaving for a yeAr in less than two months. Wow; this deployment is really starting to sneak up on us! Yikes!

Let's see- other than that we had a really fun weekend! Saw a movie, ate at some great places and even caught up with an old buddy who went to college with us and is stationed at Knox for his BOLC class. It was great to see him again and great to see Weiss too after becoming pretty good friends with him this summer when Andrew was at Ranger School.

We all had a fun night at Buffalo Wild Wings and got a little tipsy but all in all it was a good night and an amazing weekend. Can't wait for our trip to South Bend next weekend! YAY!!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment