Thursday, October 13, 2011

Deployment Positive Thursday- Week 39

Another thursday has come and (almost) gone and still no Andrew. He is coming soon but I have no earthly idea when, and it is getting a little frustrating to be quite frank with you.

I think Gavin said it best tonight: "Aunt Tina, dod you know that Uncle AJ better hurry up and come home because I don't think I can wait much longer. I am too excited!"

The brightest part of my never-ending week was a super awesome package Andrew sent home from Afghanistan last month. It was a complete surprise (which is the best, cause anyone who knows me knows I don't exactly have much patience waiting for surprises) and absolutely brightened my whole week. He sent lots of afghan items he bought from local vendors as well as stuff he wanted to have at home at the end of deployment. Let me say that again incase you missed it... The end of deployment! We are actually talking about this whole crazy long year being over!

Also in the box was my birthday box I sent him in June (because he "could bare to throw it away") along with all the birthday cards our amazing family and friends sent him.





So yeah, that boy sure does know how to make me smile and get excited to see him again. Fact of the matter is though that all I really want to do is ride shotgun in his truck flying down some backroad and listening to country music. And yeah, okay, also kind of looking forward to having a real conversation without fear or the taliban listening or our skype signal dying. And as many hugs and kisses as humanly possible. And dinner dates. And eukre. And monopoly deal. And catching up on lots of archer. And drinking. Oh yeah! And we are going on vacation.

Okay, wow I'm officially pumped! Hey US Army! Can you send my soldier home to me now?! I've been waiting a really long time to see him!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment