Thursday, November 3, 2011

Quick R&R Recap (aka Deployment Positive Thursday- Week 42)

As of 12 hours ago, the best two weeks of 2011 have officially come to an end. I can't put into words how perfect it felt to have him back in my arms after 9 long months apart. This morning it was so difficult to drop him off again and say our "see ya laters", but knowing that we are down to a matter of weeks before our first deployment is over forever made it a tiny bit easier.

R&R was nothing short of fantastic. I am going to try to post about it in sections over the next couple of days because it is way to much to summarize all in one post (plus I'm pretty exhausted to be completely honest with you), but in the meantime, here are some of my favorite highlights from the past 16 days:




Wow, narrowing thousands of pictures down to just 3 was nearly impossible. More to come soon, I promise, now I'm off to bed with my cellphone on for the first time in two weeks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

  1. Yay for your man being home, even if it was brief. My man was home at the beginning of October. He's still got more than half of his deployment left. Saying goodbye is so hard, but you've made it this far!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It felt amazing to have him back in my life for a few weeks. Now I am focusing 100% of my energy on Homecoming in just a few more weeks! Hope you guys had a great R&R too!

    ReplyDelete