Monday, November 21, 2011

A Little Place Like Kokomo...

Since Andrew has returned to the sandbox, the best way to put a smile on my face is to look through our pictures from the most wonderful 5 days of the entire year... our trip to paradise.

Andrew and I visited Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic for a little getaway while he was home for Midtour Leave. It was simply P-E-R-F-E-C-T. There is no way for me to explain how amazing it felt to sit on the beach, reading our kindles, drinks in hand and have not a single worry in the world. For the first time in a long, long time I was completely, totally 100% happy. We had no schedule, no watches, no where to go and nobody to answer to. I guess you could say we were quite smitten with ourselves and our decision to take this vacation.

Our view from the room!

 Tiki Hut where we got a moonlight massage on the beach




Good-bye Paradise... until next time :)

We sure do miss our mojito's on the beach, maybe someday we'll venture to paradise again!

For now, as the holidays (rapidly) approach, I'll be busy fast forwarding every clock and calendar I possibly can to get through these next few weeks of "joy and happiness on earth" until my soldier is back home safely in my arms again.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

  1. Punts Cana looks gorgeous! It's so smart that y'all went on a tropical vacay during his r&r. My husband and I are currently dreaming of a trip to Cancun. I'm crossing my fingers that we can make it happen when his deployment is over.*

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was definitely one of our favorite vacations we have ever taken! My one suggestion would be to purchase the trip insurance. We paid $164 for the both of us, and could cancel for any reason if we had needed to. When dealing with the military you never know if the dates you plan on will actually work out, so it was well worth the money!

    ReplyDelete