Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Deployment Positive Monday- Week 3

Well I obviously don't have my life as organized as I did at this point during Andrew's first deployment. I don't know why I am having such a hard time getting to my blog on Mondays. I really am going to try from now-on though. 

Honestly, today's post isn't going to be as positive as I was hoping it would be. I am pretty sure that my heart is still recovering from the drama of last night's hockey game. I keep replaying the final minute and a half over and over again in my head, and still can't quite believe it. Honestly the whole thing struck a little too close to home for my taste, as memories of the 2003 ALCS came flooding back to me. It's amazing how almost ten years and two World Series rings later that wound still feels almost as fresh as the night it happened. 

Wait til next year, as we say in Boston. 

In some actual positive, deployment-related news, things for Andrew are going well. We are able to text every day and FaceTime a couple of times a week. I think at not even three weeks into this deployment, we have already facetimed more than we did during the entire 12 months that Andrew was away for the first deployment. That makes me a very happy girl! Basically anytime I can see my amazing husband's handsome face or hear his voice, my day is infinitely better!

Three weeks has proven to be a rather curious benchmark for me. I feel both as though time has flown by and dragged on. Three weeks is a good chunk of time, but then I think about the fact that we aren't even a month into it and that. And that thought makes me feel like time is absolutely standing still. I think part of my problem is that we really don't know how long this deployment is going to be. Countdowns are completely out the window at this point, because deep down I know I'm either being way too optimistic for intentionally setting the homecoming date absurdly far in the future. 

The good news is that I work in the bridal industry and everybody talks about the months ahead and how excited they are for the future to come. We tend to work on six to nine month time frames so its perfect for me... Regardless of how long this deployment ends up being.   

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, lady!! I feel ya - Stanley Cup was a bummer :(

    ReplyDelete