Thursday, February 10, 2011

Deployment Positive Thursday- Week 4

(Sorry I made you wait until literally the last second, Michelle!)

I need to do a better job of not posting in the middle of the night, but my days have been getting away from me lately. I love always having something to do! These E-town Dolan's are THE BEST at keeping busy!

I'll be honest though, today did not start out on a good note. In fact, I was wracking my brain for a good portion of the day trying to write something positive that wasn't about communication again. But, my bummer day really had nothing to do with deployment, it was just a dumpy Thursday. I guess it wouldn't have started so poorly if I wasn't so sick of this freezing cold weather! As soon as you go outside the wind whips through you and chills you to the bone. UGH I'm dreading it tomorrow morning.

Things at work were going fine, although I feel like I wasn't very productive today. For lunch I got sushi and took it back to the office, but first stopped at Citizens' Bank (AKA the worst bank in the entire world) to make a deposit and ask about a transfer. Good ole' Citizens' didn't let me down on my expectation of zero customer service skills. I've been trying to make a transfer to Andrew's USAA account for two weeks now and the guy basically told me it's impossible to do online because it gives me a means to commit fraud.  I can't even get into how utterly ridiculous that is! I need OUT of that bank, every few months, it's another problem with these guys.

On my way home from work one of my indicator lights was flashing (in red) and beeping at me, so I scheduled an appointment for Monday to get it looked at. The guy at the VW garage said "if it's beeping and flashing, you shouldn't be driving it" well, buddy... I've gotta get home somehow! As I was driving, I was seriously contemplating what in the world I was going to write about tonight.

That's when I got the call from the wedding coordinator at our church. After a ten minute call it was like the skies cleared and I could almost hear that choir singing "hallelujah!". I am planning a wedding. Not just any wedding, our wedding. To celebrate our love and commitment to one another forever and to finally start our life together. Andrew gave me the most fantastic gift I could have ever asked for by asking me to marry him when he did (and no, I'm not just talking about the ring- which by the way is beyond gorgeous)! What could I ever ask for that is more exciting to look forward to than the beginning of our marriage? I am so trilled and excited to be planning this and each day that it creeps closer, it becomes more and more real to me.

We are about a week away from signing the contract with the Hotel Hershey and putting our deposit down; the Church is booked; and I'm meeting with a photographer next week. One by one, I'm seeing a lot more check marks in my little book of wedding planning lists!

So forget about all the nonsense that happened before. Not every day can be the best day ever. But every day for the next 18 months I can dream about and plan our wedding! And you know what, as the time gets closer to the wedding, it also gets a heck of a lot closer to homecoming. And homecoming, my friends, is what it is really all about these days.

So basically, I'm happy to be loved by someone who I love deeply, excited to be planning our wedding, and overjoyed to continue counting the days....

No comments:

Post a Comment