Friday, May 13, 2011

Deployment Positive Thursday- Week 17

Well unfortunately blogger had been down for the past 72 hours and now it's finally back up and online! I did write the following positive post from my phone last night:

Sorry for the delay!!

Well this is going to have to be a quick one, folks. (and also I apologize for being past my deadline, I need to work on getting these positive Thursday posts actually done on Thursday's... Imagine that). Unfortunately blogger is down right now so I'm stuck posting from my phone instead of my computer which means I will very quickly run out of patience typing on this ridiculously small keyboard. Also if you have ever seen my thumbs you know that one is abnormally larger than the other so it makes typing on the phone a little awkward.

Okay, so whats been going on this week? Simple answer: work is crazy. Sorry, that's wrong. Work is beyond crazy, it might be certifiably insane lately. It's okay though, one step closer to the event in Orlando and then disney!! All of this hard work will pay off in the end.

Yesterday I had a hair appointment and went BLONDE. Full on, no bars held, blonde. It's still shocking to see myself in the mirror, but for the most part I like it. It will definitely take a little getting used to. I think this deployment has allowed me to be way more daring with my hair than ever before in my 24 years. I love knowing that even if I really screw something up, Andrew won't be there to hate it... Not that be ever would, but as a girl I always have that in the back of my mind. Plus I have a solid 14+ months to get it exactly how I want it for our wedding day. It's been fun experimenting with it! Two weeks after deployment started I chopped 7 inches off!! Maybe that was my way of dealing with my kind of depressed state, because now I would KILL for my long hair back!

Other than that not too much is new in our lives. Today I had a big deployment victory, I got the Internet billing situation for Andrews apartment squared away after we found out they have been being billed for their Internet for the past four months! Lots of calls, but I'm so glad that won't be an issue anymore.

As for Andrew, things are pretty much the same for him. He does say that he misses things that aren't made of dirt. Understandable, as everything from roads to mountains to houses are all made from boring brown dirt in Afghanistan. So fine, you wouldn't believe it, it's almost like a dust. When Andrew sends packages home everything is coated with a fine layer of it.

That about does it for us. I'm just happy that Orlando is right around the corner, and by the time we get back it will be JUNE!! I never thought that day would come!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment