Monday, May 2, 2011

We interrupt this broadcast. . .

...To bring you the following.

I'll admit, when this came across the tv screen during Brothers & Sisters tonight, my heart stopped. My mind immediately went to Andrew in Afghanistan, knowing only HUGE news could interrupt primetime television. I was scared to death, but stopped breathing for several seconds when I saw the following:


Nine years, seven months and twenty days in the making and so many prayers have been answered this evening. Rest easy tonight, America, we got 'em.

While I don't think this means the end of combat operations in Afghanistan, (ie, did we leave Iraq after Hussein was captured and killed?) I do believe it is a huge morale boost for our troops and for our country as a whole. The American People are back in this thing, and that is a force that should not be taken lightly.

I think Former President G. W. Bush said it best: "This momentous achievement marks a victory for America, for the people who seek peace around the world, and for all those who lost loved ones on September 11, 2001. The fight against terror goes on, but tonight America has sent an unmistakable message: no matter how long it takes, justice will be done."

God Bless America. Long live the USA.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment