Friday, April 29, 2011

Deployment Positive Thursday- Week 15

Okay, I'll admit, I was a little sneaky on this one.

I didn't want to post last night for my usual positive Thursday because there was something kind of exciting was happening today and I didn't want to jinx it. (and no, I am most certainly not talking about the royal wedding, even though I could talk about that for days probably).

As of this moment in time, I am no longer engaged to a Second Lieutenant in the United States Army.

Andrew was promoted today at midnight local time to First Lieutenant! For the most part, his duties will remain the same, until he gets his platoon hopefully next month (which really doesn't have anything to do with the promotion- the Army can be confusing that way). He likes to point out that everyone who is an Active Duty 2LT for 18 months gets this promotion, but I am still so proud of him! Can't wait for him to get home so I can plant a big, fat, juicy, wet kiss on my very own 1LT! Congrats, Andrew!

He won't officially get to wear this new rank until the LTC comes around to his FOB to pin it on him, but I get giddy with excitement knowing that the next promotion (to Captain in 2+ years) I get to pin on him!

No comments:

Post a Comment