Thursday, April 7, 2011

Deployment Positive Thursday- Week 12

Another week in the books feels great! We had our last bowling game for this season on Tuesday, which by my early deployment calculations tells me we are almost a quarter of the way through this sucker (if you go off the assumption that Andrew will be gone for exactly 365 days- which he won't). Before the deployment started I set little markers in my mind for what would consist of each 1/4 of our time apart, so it feels great to know that we are so close to being done with the first quarter!

This week Mom Dolan and I also met with a woman who will most likely be designing our wedding invitations! She was AWESOME and had so many creative and fun ideas! I can't wait to start working with her more as the months go by, but for now we have a pretty good idea of what we want (sorry, it's a secret!)... I am just so excited to really be getting into the thick of wedding planning. We have been engaged for almost 6 months and I felt like up until this point people have been looking at me like I was crazy if I was trying to plan anything so early. Now I am still early, but vendors are appreciating having so much time to work with.

Friday will also be a very happy day for all of Red Sox Nation (we can only hope). After an absolutely dismal start to the season, tomorrow is their Home Opener against the hated Yankees, which will be sure to be action-packed. Hopefully all we need is a good solid home stand to turn this all around.

With baseball season now in full swing, I can get used to my new summer routine. It feels good to have something to look forward to every night other than talking to Andrew and crossing another day off of my Deployment Calendar!

1 comment:

  1. Checking in on you. Love to come and read your posts! Hang in there.
    I laughed when I read your baseball post! Kinda takes me back to our conversation about football. ;)

    ReplyDelete