Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Spring Has Sprung!

FINALLY!!!

I just got back from my first outdoor run of the spring and it felt great! Don't get me wrong - for the most part, I hate running - but it just felt good to be outside without being hunched over under the protective shield of an umbrella or hood of my jacket. The weather in Central Pennsylvania was nothing short of perfect today! You could smell chocolate in the air (yes, this really happens!) and not a hint of cow manure on the farms, which is rare.

The beginning of the week was so miserable and rainy and cold that today's mid-sixties sunny skies completely brightened up my day! It'd have to say today's weather has been the best day of the year thus far!

They have these trees in this region (that unfortunately I can't ever remember the name of) but they only bloom for a few days each year. It's similar to a Cherry Blossom Tree, but with much bigger flowers. I was determined to capture this mystery tree in at least one photograph, but the weekend had gotten away from me and yesterday I feared I was running out of time, so even though it was lousy weather out (the rain had stopped momentarily) I went out and got some pictures incase that would be the last day it was in bloom.

These are some of the shots I got yesterday:





(and I couldn't resist getting this close up of the beads of rain, it looks so cool)


Today I was pleasantly surprised when I came home for lunch and the tree was not only still in bloom, but thousands of time more beautiful than it had been yesterday! After my run, I came back and got some shots and boy, what a difference a day makes!





(sorry, I couldn't pick just one- making decisions is not my strong suit)

If my wedding colors were pink, you bet your boots you would have seen these babies in my bouquet. Honestly some of the most beautiful flowers I've ever seen!

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I just started following you recently. I had the same thing today! Nice weather in WA for once and even though I usually dislike running, I went out today!

    I think the trees are magnolias. We have them up in WA too, and they're super gorgeous right now. Nice pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are quite the photographer!!! LOVE those pictures! Funny how I grew up with them, but never really appreciated how pretty they were til I moved back from CA. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...I am behind on my readings! the tree is a magnolia tree which all our kids loved to climb. It is beautiful for
    about three days...my Grandpa always called it a "messy" tree..beautiful for such a short time and then the flowers fall and he had to clean them up daily!! I always think of him when it blooms and then looses it flowers so quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. То throw dust in somebody's eyes.

    ReplyDelete