Thursday, April 21, 2011

Deployment Positive Thursday- Week 14

I know I just posted yesterday, so I'm going to keep this quick and stick with my Thursday tradition.

What a week! Things at work have been absolutely mind-bogglingly crazy, but I love it. Today marks exactly one month before we leave for the event in Orlando which is what all this hard work has been working towards so I'm really excited to see it all come together.

Also this week and next week are only 4-day weeks (thank you, Easter break)! Today after work I'm heading to Hummer's to get an Easter Ham for my folks, then getting my nails done, meeting the family at Hennigan's since some out-of-town cousins are now in town for the holiday, then eventually picking up my car from the shop (it was in for my first PA inspection)! I still have to pack (obviously) but other than that I'm set for my drive tomorrow. I've got a few audiobooks (thanks, Shannon!) and lots of new songs downloaded so hopefully my 8 hours drive will be quick and uneventful.

The one thing I'm worried about is that I gave up drive-thru lunches for lent. AND it's a Friday during Lent, so I can't eat any meat. I'm sure I'll come up with something creative, or just starve until I'm home, but it shouldn't be too bad.

This Positive Thursday, I'm just excited to be spending Easter with my family, and that it will officially be my last Easter as a non-Catholic! I will also be spending a lot of time with one of my best and oldest friends, Alexa. She's the sister I never had, so I can't wait to go wedding dress shopping with her and our moms on Saturday! Should be lots of fun!

Everything is going well with Andrew, but basically just the same as it always is. He was out on a mission yesterday into today, but it back safe and sound. He said his favorite part was giving out lots of candy (his mom sent an entire care package of just lollipops a few weeks ago) to the kids! My heart seriously melts when I think of him being so generous to those children! Gotta love that man!

In the meantime, I wish everyone a beautiful and fun-filled Easter!

1 comment:

  1. I loved when he told me he gave the lollypops to the children...It warms my heart!! All I asked was for him to try to make a difference in some Afghan children's lives and he IS!!!! Happy Easter!!!!

    ReplyDelete