Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter in New England

Since I missed every major holiday at home with my family last year, I decided to make the drive up to New Hampshire for the long weekend (I had Friday and Monday off). Here are some highlights from my trip up north:

Excited about my new PA license plate!

Stopping for gas on my way out of town. I <3 Hershey!


No road trip is complete without my Medium French Vanilla Iced Latte with Skim Milk.

Long ways to go still....

One of my favorite sections of the drive. Beautiful view around Scranton.

Getting Closer!

I was so excited when I finally got home after 8 hours + of driving that I forgot to take a picture of the house! It was perfect timing though, as I just had enough time to shower and get ready without having to rush too much, before going to dinner with one of my best and oldest friends, Alexa and our families! We ate at a great sushi place that I've been dreaming of ever since. I can't wait to go back!

On Saturday, Lex and our moms and I had a super fun, girly day of wedding dress and bridesmaid dress shopping. Here we are at lunch in between shops!

Sunday was, of course, Easter:
Easter Morning Breakfast before Mass... just the 4 of us (mom, dad, grandma and me). Quiet but nice.

It was a fantastic weekend, filled with lots of food, family, friends and love (and 4 Red Sox wins, which makes everything that much better). I have to say though, the best part was the 17 minutes and 37 seconds I got to spend on the phone with Andrew! No dropped calls, very little delay (only about 2-3 seconds), it was everything I could have asked for! 

And something to be excited about for today: 100 days have officially come and gone in this deployment! Goodbye double digits for Deployment 2011 FOREVER! It feels so great!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you know the time down to the seconds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. “I love US soldiers” What a great tribute for your husband. It's good that I haven't heard about changing plates just yet. It's been 8 years, if I am not mistaken, since they have issued that series of plate. It's always fun to have a long drive only when your driving a great car. Your Jetta looks great! How long have you been owning it, by the way?


    Ava Harness

    ReplyDelete