Sunday, December 26, 2010

New Englanders and Snow Storms

You'd think they had never met before.

The way people are acting this weekend blows my mind. And it happens EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. I don't understand it. This is New England, people! We're supposed to get lots and lots of snow every year! So WHY is this impending storm the only thing they talk about on the news? Not quite sure.

I'm sure you could have guessed that if there is a snow storm within a 1000 mile radius of me, I'll probably have flight troubles. And you would be correct. US Airways called me last night at 8 to cancel my flight for tonight. I'm surprisingly okay with this. I only got here yesterday and I'm kind of looking forward to an extra night at home. The only part that kind of stinks is the fact that I have to wait on the phone forever to get this whole situation fixed. Currently I've been on hold for 83 minutes. And I'm on the house phone so I can't even go out and run errands while I'm waiting.

The Rogers' and Glennons are coming over this afternoon to watch the Patriots game and to have our gift exchange (a Yankee Red Sox swap!) so I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone (and maybe showing off my ring!) and just having a relaxing evening without having to worry about catching my flight. Plus this way I get the day off work tomorrow! The only down side is that I'm missing out on another day with Andrew, but at least we'll have New Years and the week before he deploys.

Other than the snow (which is hardly news) not much else is new. We had a fabulous Christmas- actually several fabulous Christmases! It all started last Sunday at Andrew's parents house and has continued non-stop until yesterday and today! I love this time of year, but after traveling on Christmas Day, I decided that I probably won't ever do that again. It kind of puts a damper on the whole day when you have to wake up at 4:40 am and only have 6 hours of travel to look forward to before you see anyone you know. Plus everyone in the airport is either going somewhere warm for vacation or in a terrible mood because they are traveling on Christmas Day. And with the snow storm threatening, everyone was even more stressed than I think they normally would have been.

And with that (and after my 96th minute of being on hold) I will return to my bed and cuddle up with my brand new Kindle (yay) while I continue to wait..... I'm sure the end of this adventure will be a doozey.

No comments:

Post a Comment