Thursday, December 16, 2010

P-L-A-N

... they say it's the only 4-letter word the Military doesn't use. 

Sure for tactical battles and whatnot, they have millions and billions of dollars invested to make sure everything turns out just right. But when it comes to the lives of their soldiers and their families... FORGET IT! 

I often upset at myself for taking something that the Army tells me as "fact", knowing full well that there is pretty much a 100% chance that they will change everything on me and leave me disappointed yet again. Christmas leave 2010 is no exception.

Even though this one is mainly my fault for getting my hopes up that Andrew would be home in time for the DDMP Christmas party tomorrow night, it's still a major blow. I hate that I let myself get excited about the idea of having him home, but guess what? It's human nature- I can't help it!

To top of my awful-rotten-no-good-terrible day my boss dropped a HUGE project on me this morning that she's known about for MONTHS and all of a sudden needs it done by the end of the day today. Do you think she had the courtesy to mention this to me even a week ago? NOPE! I had no idea that this was even on the horizon. Or that it was even my responsibility. Oh and the best part, it's not even work-related! She has me making DVD slide shows, photo mugs and picture albums with all sorts of inspirational quotes for her FAMILY for Christmas gifts. Are you serious? Her email (because she is obviously out of town) said "I know this is a lot, but I just don't have time to do it in time for Christmas. You'll have to have everything ordered by the end of the day today so it will get here in time for me to wrap it." REEEEALLLLY meaningful gift to have your employee making photo albums as if they were from you. But heck with what she's paying me and how long they're taking me, they're turning out to be pretty damn expensive little presents!

Okay, I can be done complaining now. I just needed a tiny break from pictures of somebody else's family taking fun trips that I didn't get to go on.  Hopefully something magically changes and Andrew actually gets to leave tonight or early tomorrow morning, but there I go again getting my hopes up. WHY do I continue to do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment