Thursday, January 6, 2011

Weekly Deployment Positives

I've decided that the only way I'm going to get through this deployment is to stay as positive as possible. My new deployment goal is to have a weekly Deployment Positive to keep myself focused on the goal at hand and happy about the little things. Looking at this deployment as a whole year can be overwhelming at times so I'll use this as a measure to take things a day (or a week) at a time. It always helps to have little milestones to look forward to!

So this week: I have a few positives (and deployment hasn't even started yet!)
  1. When my car needed to go into the shop on Monday, I had a car to drive since Andrew left his truck here for the deployment.
  2. I leave on Saturday for my last visit with Andrew before he leaves. I'm lucky enough to get the whole week off and we'll be able to spend all that time together.
  3. The best news: I used my Rapid Rewards from Southwest to book my flight, so my grand total for the one way ticket: $2.50!!! Just had to pay the 9/11 Security Fee!

No comments:

Post a Comment