Thursday, March 17, 2011

Deployment Positive Thursday- Week 9

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!!

Today I am happy to be celebrating one of my favorite holidays in the most Irish City in the country! 

I love Boston. I love everything Irish, and I can't wait to have that strong Irish name in about 16 more months! 

Today also makes me smile because of one of my favorite memories from my Senior Year at Stonehill. St. Patty's fell on the first nice day of Spring so pretty much everyone was outside enjoying the amazing weather! There was a bagpiper coming by in a kilt, everyone wore green, and I ate a clover plant to prove a point. And you know, what? I'm pretty sure it was excellent luck! 

So raise your glasses, have an Irish Car Bomb (the nastiest drink ever invented: Guinness with a shot of Baileys and Jameson dropped into it) in honor of my favorite soldier and his buddies, and may the Luck of the Irish be upon you today!

When Irish Eyes are smiling you can hear the angels sing



1 comment:

  1. HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY, Kristina!!!! Hope you are having a great time in Boston....we miss you here! We listened to the Irish CD we bought Dad and no Guinness, just wine!! See you Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete