Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I'm Walkin' Right Down the Middle of Main Street USA


Well, it's official! Mom Dolan and I will (finally) be having our first Disney Vacation together! We just got everything booked today, I am so excited and it just gives me one more thing to look forward to to make this deployment continue to fly by!

I will be in Orlando for work for a week at the end of May, so after my conference is over, Mom is going to fly down and we will stay at the Polynesian for a few extra nights! I feel like this is so surreal! Disney is a HUGE part of being a Dolan, and I am so excited for the first of many, many Disney trips with my amazing future mother-in-law!

I have only done the Disney thing twice, and only once as a family vacation. The first trip was in 1991, a few months after I turned 5 years old with my parents, brother, grandmother and uncle (on my dad's side). My grandmother decided to take us for a Thanksgiving trip, and the only thing I really remember of the trip are the tea cups and Mark ridding on Uncle Robbie's shoulders wearing a coon-skin cap. Right after the trip, we flew up to Pittsburgh (where my grandmother lived at the time) for a belated Thanksgiving dinner, leading me to think Florida and Pennsylvania were the same place for a large portion of my childhood. Oops! The second was for a class trip in 8th grade where one of our teacher/chaperones was later fired for punching one of the students. Not exactly the clique "Disney Experience"!

But, come May 2011,  I will finally be having my first real adult Disney visit! I can't wait, and I am so happy I will get to share the experience with Mom! This trip can seriously not come soon enough! Mickey, I'm coming!!!!!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment