Thursday, June 9, 2011

Deployment Positive Thursday- Week 21

A Message From a Far Away Place...
"To my family and friends - Thank you so much for the cards you sent and the support you have shown both me and Kristina while I have been gone.  I think I can speak for everyone over here when I say that it means a lot to know that we have all of you in the states rooting for us and watching our backs while we are gone.  I feel extremely blessed to have such a strong network of friends and family back in the states.  Thank you, and I look forward to seeing you all as soon as I can."
And my positive for the week...

I recently realized that we are officially more than halfway to Andrew's midtour leave! I can't believe that next week will mark 5 months for this deployment, it doesn't seem like things are going quickly by any stretch of the imagination, but this is a huge milestone!  It feels great to have such a big chunk behind us... plus the summer is bound to fly by on the homefront. I've got lots to look forward to and keep me busy so really, when you think about it, fall is right around the corner!

Also, I would like to add that this is a fabulous time to be a Bostonian. Bruins are on a roll and the Sox are kickin it in New York! That's more than enough to make me and my soldier two very, very happy fans!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

  1. Just reading AJ's thank you has put such a lump in my throat!! Love that boy!! All those times he wrote thank you notes to Dottie has paid off!!! I can't believe we are almost halfway through!! YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very interesting, thanks

    ReplyDelete