Thursday, June 16, 2011

Deployment Positive Thursday- Week 22

Seven Championships in Ten Years.

Boston, you're my home.

Okay there has been lots going on lately and in my mind I was going to write this post tomorrow night about something completely different, but sorry... I'm gonna need to brag about my hometown for just a second.

Since 2001 we've racked up 3 Superbowls, 2 World Series Victories, 1Larry O'Brien Trophy, and of course the newest member of the club: 1 Stanley Cup. That ain't too shabby. There is something about being from a small city with a huge heart that just makes me so proud. Even thought I'm not technically "from" Boston, New Englanders (with the exception of those Western Connecticut folks) stand together behind their teams. It's a magical thing, really. It's one of my favorite things about going home; seeing people in Red Sox, Patriots, Bruins and Celtics gear everywhere I go. Just thinking about how crazy the parade is going to be for the Bruins this weekend is making me positively giddy. If only Andrew and I could celebrate in Boston with the rest of our city...

I was pleased to learn that Andrew was able to wake up super early (about 3:30am local time) to watch Game Seven tonight this morning. They played it on AFN at the MWR and I can totally picture his face and all of his excitement as the game unfolded. (Here is where I add that originally I had planned on blogging about him and how much progress we are making on this deployment. A quick update will have to suffice: 150 days down as of yesterday and today marks exactly 5 months. All told, it's been an exciting week as far as benchmarks are concerned).

But the fact of the matter remains that this is America. We're a baseball country and if nothing else proves that to you, check out Sports Center's Number 1 play of the day just an hour after the Bruins won Lord Stanley's Cup.... Johnny Gomes in makes a diving catch in left field. In a baseball game. The All-star break is right around the corner (okay, still like a month away yet, but I've told you before, a girl's got to have things to look forward to) and the Sox are kickin' some serious tail. Keep it up down the stretch boys, and we'll make it 8 parades along the Charles in 10 years. Welcome to Title Town, folks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment