Thursday, June 2, 2011

Deployment Positive Thursday- Week TWENTY!

OMG'sh (that's for you, honey!), we've made it through 20 weeks! woo!!! Sorry, I feel like I have been majorly slacking on my blog lately, but now that I'm back in the real world, I promise to get back on track.

Mom Dolan and I had a great trip to Florida, and once all the work was done it was time to let loose and PLAY! It was such an amazing vacation, and it felt so good to just throw all our cares away and just be like little kids again! We also spent a lot of time with her brother, Uncle Steve, who has worked for Disney for over 30 years and gave us all the behind-the-scenes secrets and stories. He works in resort development, which I've decided is basically the coolest job EVER! Also, he introduced me to "Hidden Mickey's" which I quickly became obsessed with. I may or may not see Mickey's when I close my eyes at night....

Here are some of the photo highlights of our trip (all taken from my iPhone, so please excuse the grainy quality):



Checking into the Polynesian! Absolutely Beautiful... with a bride there, no less!

Mickey was waiting for us on the bed!!!

Finally here!!!

One of my only memories from our Family Disney trip 20 years ago was getting these balloons with my brother! We were so upset when my parents deflated them before we got on the airplane (and definitely threw a fit in the airport, I'm sure) but were overjoyed when they were re-inflated once we got home!

Dinner with Uncle Steve. Please note my magical glowing ice cube! 

Back to the park for a late-night visit!

I LOVE THE BALLOONS! The Castle is behind me, even though you can't see it!

My favorite Parade!



"To Honor America!" 
Day 2: Lunch at Coral Reef at Epcot

Mom and I on the Nemo Ride!


Greetings from the Future

Mickey Ice Cream... I felt guilty eating him!!

My Favorite Hidden Mickey... can you see him?!


Last day, about to check out :( My balloon is still going strong though!

So after 5 long days of hard work, we had a great Disney vacation! My favorite part was when I started to get sad about leaving and not getting everything done, and then I realized that this will not be my last Disney trip! I'm marrying into a family that LOVES Disney and goes as much as possible!! I can't wait to come back with Andrew someday and race to see who can find the most Mickeys!! Oh, we've got so much to look forward to... If 2011 would just hurry up and end already, that would be just fantastic!

3 comments:

  1. My favorite pictures are you holding all the Mickey balloons (How did you swing that??? Were you nervous you would let them go??? Did they lift you off the ground a little bit???) and the one of you eating Mickey's ear!

    Can't wait till we can all go together!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, not only are you marrying into a family that loves Disney. They all are so darn sweet! One lucky girl I tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to never leave disney without knowing when my next trip is!!! Thanks for making it sooo much fun....love that we could sleep in and then stay in the park till after midnight. What awesome memories and a great way to make a week fly by!!! I LOVED your enthusiasm...if only I could have talked!!!!

    ReplyDelete