Thursday, August 18, 2011

Deployment Positive Thursday- Week 31

This week, for the first time, we had our very first realistic conversation about Andrew's Midtour leave. Scratch that. Not one conversation. Conversations, multiple conversations. (that was for you, honey) It pretty much occupies my every thought at this point. The good news is it got moved up a few weeks, and I feel like it kind of snuck up on me. Then I re-think it and I realize that this has been long time coming.

I'll preach the whole OPSEC thing again and tell you that I can't say when he'll be home, but it wouldn't matter anyways because whatever date the Army tells us is the only date within probably a three week span that has exactly ZERO probability of Andrew actually coming home on. This time that's actually a good thing though, I'm hoping for it to get pushed back as far as possible so that we have less left on the back end. 

I get so excited when I think about Andrew actually being home. It's actually a nice treat that we get to be so excited about the little things. What other couples get this anxious and excited about a simple dinner date or watching a baseball game together. Honestly, all I want to do is ride around in the truck flying down back roads with the country on as loud as it can go just singing the wrong words and laughing together. That's what I miss, spending time with my best friend. I keep telling myself it's right around the corner, but that just makes it seem like soooo far away.

On another note, does anybody know how to video record a skype of oovoo call? We have a little project we are working on for a friend but we need to record skype to make it happen. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment