Tuesday, August 23, 2011

My Marching Aunts!

I know I've written a lot about how amazing and supportive Andrew's entire family has always been, and not just during deployment and Ranger School, but all the time, but I just have to brag a little bit more about my soon-to-be in-laws. After all, what's the point of being spoiled if you can't share your joy with others, right?

On Friday after a long week of work, I came home to a bright red gift bag on the kitchen table. I didn't think much of it until mom said that it was a special gift just for me. I knew it would be a good one when she wouldn't let me open it until she got her phone to take a picture!

I waited patiently (something nearly impossible for me to do when I know that something exciting is about to happen. also why I know the last month of deployment is going to drag on for-ev-er) for her to get the phone then first opened the paper rolled up and taped together with American Flag stickers.

The aunts go marching one by one, hurrah, hurrah!
The aunts go marching one by one, hurrah, hurrah!
The aunts go marching one by one,
They stopped to make the countdown fun
And they all go marching around and around....

Still slightly confused, I opened the other wrapped portion of the gift and started tearing up almost immediately. My favorite picture of Andrew out on a patrol a few months ago looking as happy as I had ever seen him before, in a frame that said "My Hero".


Thank you so much, Aunt Mary, Aunt Kathy and Aunt Lori! You guys are the greatest, I am so lucky to have you as family members, bowling teammates and friends!
Moral of the story: my in-laws are better than yours. And I'm not sorry!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment