Thursday, September 1, 2011

Deployment Positive Thursday- Week 33

Remember my Deployment Countdown Calendar?


I got to flip the page again today, which means for the first time this year I can officially say that I get to see my soldier NEXT MONTH! I can't express how happy this makes me, but if you know me, you know that it's basically all I've been taking about since the moment Andrew left seven and a half months ago.

I even caught myself earlier this week (still in August) postponing a call for two days just so that I could say truthfully "my fiance will be home from Afghanistan next month". It is such a different feeling than saying "October", and I love it.

We still really don't have a clear idea on when Andrew will actually be home, but that's just how things are with the military. It's all up in the air at this point, but chances are it will be at some point in October. It is going to be such a great feeling to be in his arms once again and just sit and talk and catch up on everything that we have forgotten to tell each other in emails for the past 8-9 months. It's also good to know that we will have the longest part of this behind us for this deployment and for future separations. The army has recently announced that they are moving to 9 month deployments from here on out. This is a huge mental victory for anyone who has ever been through a 12, 15 or 18 month deployment from the home front. I'm not sure how the soldiers are feeling about it, but for the most part, I think it is definitely a welcomed change.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment