Saturday, December 10, 2011

Deployment Positive Thursday (Saturday) - Week 47

Yeah, yeah, yeah... I know I'm late again. Just another reason I can't wait til Andrew comes home: NO MORE Deployment Positive Thursdays! I'm no good with a schedule, I think I'll be a much better blogger when I can post whenever I feel like it, about whatever I feel like!

Anywhoooo....

I guess this week I'm just happy we are another week closer to homecoming. Honestly though, it's been pretty darn tough to keep answering "I have no idea" whenever people ask when Andrew is going to be home. At least for R&R I had some idea, but this whole homecoming thing is really throwing me for a loop. I have about a three week range (the first three weeks of 2012) where it is highly probable that he will be home, but other than that, your guess is as good as mine. Every day I look forward to our daily FRG emails.. and every day (so far), it's been a little disheartening to still have no date. Andrew says its better this way, though.. so that I don't get too attached to a date which most definitely will change, but I would just love to look at a date on a calendar and think: "some day around that time will be the greatest day of my life". I will say though, it is nice to think that this time next month Andrew will most likely be on his way home, though.

Downrange, Andrew and his soldiers are doing well. It's starting to get a little colder over there as the year draws to an end, but it's nothing our brave soldiers can't handle.

It's also finally getting colder here. I've actually been looking forward to the cold weather; anything for a sign that it is actually winter and we are actually in the last season of this deployment. Every night I've been cuddling up with my woobie, a Christmas present I got from Andrew last year (he even had my name embroidered in pink). Whenever I cuddle up with that blanket, it makes me think of Andrew and it makes him seem like he's not all that far away. At this point, anything that makes me feel closer to him is a blessing.

So thanks, honey! For the best present ever!!


Why do they call it a woobie, you might ask? Because without it, you woobie cold. 

Miss you, boy :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



No comments:

Post a Comment