Thursday, December 29, 2011

Deployment Positive Thursday- Week 50

I'll be honest. I'm a blogging planner.

I've had this plan that towards the end of deployment I would blog about how prepared I am, how I've been packed for weeks on end, and how all I need is that call and I'd be ready to hit the road to Kentucky.

The problem: no matter how excited I am for something, I just can't motivate myself to pack. I hate it! I hate it, so much! (One time my dad asked me which I hated more: packing or terrorists. And I actually had to think about it) I really, truly believed that I would have been so excited for Andrew's return that I would have just been packed.

Nope. Nope. Nope.

I am, however, getting prepared to pack, which I guess is a step in the right direction. I have lists and lists and list of things I need to remember to bring down. Andrew's stuff, my stuff, our stuff... big things, little things, new songs and audio books on my iPhone. Everything has been accounted for, I've even printed out several different versions of directions for my drive to Louisville. But in regards to actually packing, nothing has been done. It's somewhat pathetic, but apparently I am the only one who is actually surprised by this, everyone else I've mentioned this to says "no, kidding, you HATE packing!"



I know it's not exactly the best picture I've ever taken, but here is my list. 2' X 3' ... and still being added to! (aslo check out my sweet mapquest directions, just incase my GPS decides to crap-out on me)

I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty excited for Andrew to come home. We still don't have a firm grasp on when he is expected to be stateside again, but I know it is soon. Each day is a step closer. Unfortunately, at this point in the deployment though, time       
                                                                      is
                                                                                dragging.............................................

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

  1. Yes! I love that BBH made the list!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kristin! I just subscribed to your blog, and then read every post you wrote about Ranger School. My boyfriend is headed off to Pre-Ranger this Friday so, naturally, I've been Googling it non-stop (I loved how you mentioned that it one of your posts, too funny!) and that's when I found myself here! I just wanted to thank you for sharing your story :) I think it will be very helpful in the weeks/months/years to come! Take care, girl. -Danielle

    ReplyDelete